An Ultimate Disc Golf World Champion
In case you hadn’t heard, Ultimate Disc Golf has arrived here at the Ultimate Adventure Centre – and we’ve made every effort to make sure it is deserving of its Ultimate title! Our 9 hole course has been specially designed by former Disc Golf World Champion, Charlie Mead, to ensure maximum fun and engagement for everyone: from families to serious players of all ages and abilities.To give you an insight into how valuable Charlie’s input is, we thought we’d share some info on the man himself!
Charlie Mead, a disc golf legend
Birmingham-born Charlie Mead, who now lives locally in North Devon, is a pretty big deal in the world of flying disc sports. In Charlie’s 38 years playing disc sports he has been a player, organizer, and all around facilitator, contributing to the growth of disc sports throughout Europe. His resume is beyond impressive. Below is just a snapshot of some of his amazing achievements:
- Held World Overall titles, European and British titles in disc golf in Open, Master, Grand Master and Senior Grand Master Divisions.
- 1st international recipient of the Steady Ed Headrick Trophy, a lifetime achievement award, for representing and developing Disc Golf in 2013.
- Captain of the GB Team for the European Disc Golf Championships in Oulu, Finland in 2016.
- Co-founder and President of the World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF), the European Flying Disc Federation (EFDF), and the United Kingdom Flying Disc Federation (UKFDA).
- Tournament Director for 9 World and European Championships
- Established and designed the first permanent disc golf course in 1980 at Essex University. The course is still in use today.
“It is safe to say that without Charlie’s motivation and influence, the sport of disc golf in the UK and throughout Europe would be years behind its current state. It is easy to see why he has been so influential in the growth of disc sports.”
Ultimate Disc Golf course created by a champion
Charlie is one of three remaining players who appeared at the first European Disc Golf Championships in 1981. The first courses he designed and installed are the oldest established courses in the UK – in Colchester, Essex and on the Isle of Mull. We’re proud to count our course at the UAC as the newest addition to this prestigious portfolio!
With rich experience as a player, administrator, and tournament organiser of all disc sports since 1980, we here at the UAC could think of no one better to design a brand-spanking-new, world-class disc golf course! Come try it out for yourself TODAY by contacting us on 01237 88 00 28 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org!