Ultimate Adventure Centre Blog
Updates and information from the center
03rd May 2019
Title: 5 Common Mistakes To Make When Planning a Stag or Hen Do
Where do we even start? Planning the ‘perfect’ weekend for your friends final ta-ra to single life can be an absolute minefield. Usually, you’ve got around 10+ people all looking to you to provide an organised, fun weekend that they will all enjoy – without it feeling like, well, “organised fun”. On top of that, you’re working with a budget to suit each and every penny in the individual bank account of attendees.
So here’s our top 5 mistakes-not-to-make!
#1 Don’t forget who the weekend is all about.
- It’s not about you. It’s not about the others. It’s about the person getting married; it’s their weekend! I once went on a Hen Do that was 2 day cruise to Amsterdam. Sounds great, right? Well – not when the Bride-to-be is heavily prone to sea-sickness & spent the whole time with her head in her hands (or in the toilet).
- If you organise the weekend with the stag or hen in mind then this ripples out & everyone enjoys it. (NB If someone doesn’t enjoy it, despite the hen or stag having the best time then they don’t deserve to be there!)
#2 Don’t try to be the hero.
- Ask for help; lean on your fellow stags or hens to avoid migraines! I am confident that everyone will be buzzing to help if you ask them (… & you’ll still be able to soak up all the glory!
#3 Money, money, money.
- Always a tricky issue trying to make sure you get enough planned but don’t break the bank! Make sure you’re organised with asking your fellow stags or hens for their dues – I know we hate talking about money, but it is important and can lead to lots of stress… Don’t leave it to the last minute to ask either, some people will be rubbish at paying and WILL need chasing!
#4 Be Considerate.
- This is considerate in 2 ways…considerate about what your Stag & Hen will actually want, but also what is viable for the people attending. Sometimes, with the best will in the world, a great friend can’t afford to fly half way around the world and stay in a 5* hotel + trimmings OR take 3 days off in the middle of the week when they’ve just started a new job – make sure you take people’s situations into account!
#5 Last Minute
- This one’s a biggie for me! Please, please, please don’t leave it till the last minute. You will not be thanked for it – people will have packed diaries, accommodation and adventures will be booked up. Get your thinking caps on and plan ahead – it’ll keep it much more stress free for you and you’ll have a nice long time to look forward to a great event!
Now, I know that’s a lot to take in, but if you can handle all those aspects you’ll have one Happy Hen or Stag, and after all, that’s the most important thing!
If you’re struggling, why not give us a call? We’ve dealt with soooo many Stag & Hen Parties, we’ve seen it all and we’d love to help you out!
Ready to begin your adventure?
We’ve got thrills, spills and fun for the whole family.
Grab your pass now!